Saturday, January 17, 2015

14 Days in, an update

Its been 14 days since i've begun, and despite a few minor set backs, (sometimes when my in-laws ask if i want something for breakfast from Mc Donalds its really hard to say no), I've been doing very well. Even over the past week, despite my lack of posting, I was still cooking better meals for myself and my family. (a certain monthly friend decided that twice the pain and sticking around twice as long was a great idea)

And how do I feel? great. I get up in the morning and I no longer feel sluggish. that's different. that's quite new. I'm actually feeling refreshed. I'm not doing this to loose weight, or something like that. I am working on making some Important lifestyle changes, Starting with the food that I eat, to make myself a healthier individual. and its working. I feel different. we still eat out, but its a rare thing. and when we do, we think about what we eat. Gyros from the local diner, no fries. things like that. 

I let myself have a doctor pepper for the first time in two weeks yesterday. That was nice. I REALY enjoyed that. because you can't deprive yourself of everything you love just because its not super healthy for you. Tonight I'm making Beef Burgundy and redskin mashed potatoes. its going to be delicious. AND it's going to be healthy (because i'm not using a stick of butter and 3 pounds of meat)

No comments:

Post a Comment