Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Best of Intentions ( fish and roasted Tomatoes)

Depending on how its cooked, i will either love fish, or really hate it. (though oddly i love sushi) I have also never been a fan of Olives of any kind, or tomatoes in their whole form... So why did i decide to cook this meal? Because my husband (who hates tomatoes in ANY form save pizza sauce or Ketchup) was working late. Also because i like to see how cooking something differently affects my enjoyment of it. 

Mediterranean Cod with Roasted Tomatoes


4 4-oz fresh or frozen skinless cod fillets 3/4 to 1 inch thick (i was at the mercy of my grocery store and they had very little to choose from...)
2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3 cups cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
2 teaspoons capers

heat oven to 450. combine the oregano and thyme (original recipe says to add garlic and paprika as well but I find it doesn't mix well. and I prefer just to sprinkle it over the top before baking) use about half the herbs to coat the fish both front and back, than place on half a lightly greased baking sheet. (if you did it my way, lightly sprinkle with garlic and paprika. and pepper.)

put the tomatoes in a bowl with the pieces of sliced garlic. drizzle with olive oil and add the rest of the herb mixture. toss so it gets a good coating and put it on the other side of the baking sheet. bake  for 8-15 minutes or until fish flakes lightly with a fork. put the tomatoes back in the bowl, add olives and capers, and mix again. 

Because i don't eat tomatoes, i took two leeks, cut them up, and cooked them in place of half the tomatoes (since the recipe is for 4 servings)

I made this with Israeli couscous.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Like I said, my In-laws loved this. Especially Hobbit. they want me to make it again. I was really hoping it would be otherwise, but eh. Next time i make this i will try a few things differently to make it more suited to something i would eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment