Tuesday, January 6, 2015

SODA (and have you LOOKED at the sugar content in most juice???)

when you look at all the drinks out there, and you start looking at the nutrition facts, you'll realize that half of them are just as bad as soda. some are worse, and the rest taste gross because really isn't that how health food is supposed to taste? but there's a bunch of things you can do to get rid of the not so great stuff and not have to suffer with just drinking water.

Now soda's not that hard for me to give up. there are 2 main sodas i drink, and usually only 2-3 sodas a week. 5 if we're getting fast food more than once. Doctor Pepper is my staple, Ginger ale when i want some thing different, or when my stomach is bothering me, and every once in a while, i really really like cherry coke. or cherry Pepsi, or cherry Dr Pepper. Cherry soda is my sweet sometimes treat. I've actually given up soda before, but Doctor Pepper brings me back... every time...

So how do i keep myself from going back? I don't. Not in the way you'd think. everything is fine in moderation. every now and than, 2-3 times a MONTH, its okay for me to have a Dr. Pepper. because hey its my life and whats the point of living if i can't enjoy it?

That being said, most juice is too sweet for me. I like my tea without sugar, or depending on the tea, very little sugar. but i really like juice and i really like it when my drinks are fizzy. easy fix. fruit juice and seltzer. my staple, 1 serving of Minute-maid Cherry Limeade (there i go with cherry again) and a can of Lime seltzer water. it waters down the overly sweet flavor of the drink, while giving the seltzer some flavor. so i CAN have my cake and eat it too!

And than there's tea. when someone tells me they don't like tea, i kind of want to laugh. okay. you don't like tea. what kind of tea? Because seriously, not all tea tastes the same. there are wildly different flavors of tea out there. I had tea with cocoa beans and chili powder in it the other day, Thank you Emzie. and i have a tea on my shelf right now that's sweet even without any sugar in it, and tastes like wild berries. my point is, don't be nit picky. go forth and taste the tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment