Sunday, January 4, 2015

Its not a New Years Resolution. I never Keep those.

Its all well and good to have a plan. to make a plan. to have menus and meal plans and grocery lists, and rules and requirements. Counting this, adding that, weighing your food, yourself, and just for fun, your pets. But actually doing it? I've never made it that far before. actually taking that step and doing it as more than just a passing faze. Something you try for a day or two before old habits creep back in.
The Problem is, I love food.  I love food a lot. I love cooking food, smelling food, feeling the texture of awesome food, the sight of a perfectly put together plate, and really, the taste of food. I eat with all 5 senses. and I eat a lot. because really, its just so good. I get into heated arguments sometimes about food. Like butter. Butter is perfection. Butter can do no wrong. There is no such thing as too much Butter. add butter, than cook in butter. garnish with butter. I may have a slight problem...
So here goes me, Nerdy me who enjoys my Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, and Dinner. (if you go by the movies there's also Supper, but there's only six hobbit meals in the books. yes, I'm THAT kind of Nerd...)
Also 4th meal, if you're into that sort of late night thing, but i digress...
The big one for me is Dinner. Dinner is the source of most of my problems. I can behave most of the day. Yogurt and Granola, than a tuna sandwich and carrots for lunch. tea and a cookie in the afternoon, but Dinner... you evil temptress, you seductive meat and potatoes, and butter. (there i go again. seriously. a problem. one i'm not sure i'm willing to part with.) i eat plenty of veggies. that's not an issue. But i also eat plenty of meat. and potatoes. and butter. and desert. and more butter. (Seriously, butter Pecan Ice-cream. you evil evil Seductress you...)
So if Dinner is the issue, than that's where i'm focusing. which means meal planning to keep me on track. Which means a calender. My awesome mother emailed me her template, and its super-simple, which is great. i just dolled it up a little:

Yes, that is a Snowman of the 4th doctor. like I said. NERD. so far I have Dinners for the next five days thanks to a magazine my father-in-law got. because i'm not just cooking for me. There are 4 of us, so chances are you'll see things like "MUST NOT COOK FOR HUSBAND" on things, usually involving tomatoes. my Father-in-law is quite flexible, but someone... not saying any names here, Hobbit.... is a lovable, but picky eater. and my husband can at times be even worse. Still, everyone loves a good challenge. right?
But that's enough of my rambling for now. Tomorrow I grocery shop, than start cooking all sorts of things. and somewhere in all of that, Job hunt. how my mother does all this, hold down a full time job, keep her house looking like a model showroom, and belong to about 6 different nature/Humanist organisations i have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment