Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Glad I Didn't Have a V8 (fruit and veggie Smoothie)

So my father has been on a Juice and smoothie kick for a while, and working hard to get me to try it. I have been wanting to get one of those magic bullet things i see so many times on Infomercials. because its COOL! and has bright colors! and pretty! and i like collecting Kitchen appliances. (2 crock pots, a blender, a juicer, a rice cooker, all i'm missing is a food processor)

so i got a magic bullet for myself for Christmas and went digging for a good recipe to try. Which means Pintrest. i found myself over on Perry's Plate, which is a blog for mostly Paleo recipes. I'm not entirely sure what Paleo stands for, other than the fact that it makes me think of Archeologists and the Stone Ages. i could google it and figure out what it is, but i'm feeling kind of lazy.

I knew I had one chance to really wow my husband with a smoothie, so he'd be willing to try other ones. This recipe she had up was perfect.

Carrots, Strawberries, Spinach, blueberries, and fruit juice. really simple and easy to put together and make. I'm not posting the full recipe here, because i want to send people her way as well, its only fair.
so here's a link to the recipe, and I'll just talk about what i changed. ( the picture is mine, BTW)


The Morning Smoothie for People who Hate Green Smoothies

so first things first, I used a magic bullet. I also used about half of everything since i was making it in separate individual cups. in my husband and Hobbit's smoothies, I used grape juice instead of Pomegranate juice, because I'm the only one who will drink it, and its expensive (so its mine. ALL MINE)

everyone loved it, even my father in law, who just tasted some of Hobbit's smoothie. So I'm ecstatic. and also quite satisfied. i drank this, than realized i wasn't even remotely hungry for lunch. I think between this and salads I don't even need to worry about luncheon. And i wont feel so bad about my single shortbread cookie with Afternoon tea.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this! I'm a picky one, too, and it won me over. :)

    ReplyDelete